View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 09:12 PM   #15
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: Direct TV may not like me now

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
I was with Primestar for years until they were bought by DirecTv and with them combined for 25 years .Primestar had very good customer service and to me was much better than DirecTv .DirecTv would rather give new suscribers a good deal to sign them up than to give a free upgrade to a good paying customer to keep them .My wife was the TV watcher of our family and when she died I rarely even turned the set on as we had the very basic which was $55 per month and I was not willing to sign a 2 yr contract for more channels for a higher monthly fee .During our last snow here I worked 72 hours of straight overtime and decided to buy a Smart TV with the sole purpose of getting rid of DirecTV .I knew I could watch YouTube and Crackle TV for free and could get Hulu and Amazon TV for very little each month .I still only have YouTube and Crackel and have plenty of TV to watch.I have already saved what the TV cost in the savings every month of not having DirecTv .When I called and told them to cancell my service they offered me everything they could to keep me and I held firm to not interested .I upgraded my WIFI in case I want to stream movies later on but so far see no need to do so.I can buy a lot of truck parts for what I payed them annualy and have not once missed it .I think when more and more people realize what else is out there for less money the cable and satelite companys will be in trouble .I told the DirecTv rep the only way I would stay would be to let me buy only the channels that I actually wanted to watch instead of a package of worthless garbage that I had no interest in .I have a High Def antenna that I have yet to hook up and it was only $30 or so.
I know what you mean about primestar. I miss them. I have been with directv since, but like you, if it were not for the wife I would not have any. I have not had a physical phone in the house in probably 10 years. Wife and kids all have cells but I kept it because directv said the box had to have line to it. I found out recently it was no longer required so I spent 3 hours in a chat session with Verizon online (I am deaf) and wanted to get rid of the land line but I wanted to keep the dsl box. They kept telling me I had to keep the land line in order to have the dsl. I finally told them to cancel everything because I was tired of a $93 phone bill every month. Wouldn't you know it, after I wanted to cancel it all they found a way to get rid of the land line and my bill dropped to $54. I told her the 1st time it goes up to expect a cancellation of a 28 year. Customer
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote