View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 08:32 PM   #5
focusedontheprize

Re: 1949 Chevy 3100 - the journey begins

Sorry guys, we have been busy the last few weeks with friends visiting so I haven't been on this as much as I would like to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1950chevy4x4 View Post
Cab hoist? I'm doing the same as you using my engine hoist to move my cab around. What is this hoist you are talking about?
I was referring to the wooden cab hoist that I attach to the cherry picker. It made life so much easier and it was great that I could do it by myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert1957 View Post
Any updates on this build?
Not too many unfortunately. A lot of chassis work at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flysocal View Post
I really like the orange paint. If It were mine I would run it as a patina. I was blown away at the price of a quality paint job. With a patina truck it not only looks cool but you get a sleeper and it retains its utility as a truck.

As for the chassis keeping the original frame is really cool but trust me when I say its a bunch of work. In addition to AME I would look at NO LIMIT and SCOTTS HOTRODS. I've been happy with my stuff from Scotts and I've called No Limit a couple times with tank questions and they always pick up their phone. Both companies stand behind their product.
Thanks, my father is incredibly talented with a paint gun and after learning how much a quality paint job costs I have a new level of respect for those guys. I love the orange, I will end up probably scuffing it with CLR to brighten it up and go from there.

I can definitely understand your point on the chassis and looking at an after market, however I really wanted to take this project on myself. A ton of work, yes, however I am looking forward to everything I am going to learn. I may be cursing those words down the road.
focusedontheprize is offline   Reply With Quote