View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 10:03 AM   #2
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: Lets talk connecting rods

I don't think you have much choice but to use a 6" rod. The crank counterweights force a high pin location,, = a 6" rod. A little piston rock at TDS is the tradeoff, but yu typically get a lighter piston which is a big + above 7000.

The Lunati is not the quality of the old LAD1 Lunati ProMod rods of the early 2000's. I burned one in the truck motor about 5 years ago,, ended up selling the 7 good ones and buying a new set of Olivers. The Olivers are good to 1000HP and I know one engine builder that uses them in his 9500RPM 1000HP heads-up SBC's. For the small $ over a lesser rod,,they are good insurance IMO.

Everyone is making a cheap line of rod these days,, Just be aware the lesser line and the better line MAY be the same rod.... just more attention to final finish, fit, xx-ray, inspection, re-inspection..... It's like SRP and JE,,, One is tooled to 0.0001,, the JE is diamond finished to 0.00005.

If the 4 Olivers you have are new,,, I'd order the other 4 and never blink an eye. 800+HP boosted @ 7500 deserves the BEST rod you can find IMO. I don't know that a used Olivers out of a comp eliminator motor is it??,, but if you know what abuse the rods may have seen,, having them X-rayed and checked is a hell of a lot cheaper than new obviously.

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote