A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcMasters View Post
Congrats!!!!
Thanks, I couldn't say no
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehstr View Post
really if you have all of the right swap parts it will only add an extra day of work (excluding wiring). There is so much out there now with all of the conversions done, that everything, with maybe excluding a wiring harness, can be bought and make for a plug and play swap. The harness could be done in a solid day with no interruptions, and you don't get easily distracted like I do LOL.
If I was you, I would collect all of the parts, and build everything you know you can with the truck apart. Like the battery tray that will need to be moved onto the driver's side. I would probably even start working on the wiring harness and do as much as you can before the truck is torn down. That way the truck is down for as little of time as possible. Just my personal thoughts here.
Agreed. A lot of the necessary bits I'll be touching anyway: exhaust, engine mounts, fuel tank, fuel lines, battery, fans, etc, etc. It may be a near wash as far as cost is concerned, if I can refrain from customizing too much and just stab it in there, but that's not really what I have in mind

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote