View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 11:37 PM   #178
jeffahart

Re: Spring Swap Thread - 1963 K15

Quote:
Originally Posted by '63GENIII View Post
I think it's approaching D60 money now. Im almost thinking about a locker now just so I don't have to mess with this carrier but that would be like throwing diamonds into a flushing toilet.
It's funny you mention that. I have a 70, so I had the aardvark one year, Drum/open knuckle 44 that needed to be gone through. I wanted to upgrade to disc. I searched for a decent disc 44 but ran up against crap or decent overpriced "maybe" not crap. I got sick of searching and purchased take outs from Boyce. I paid around $2,500 for a 60 and corp 14. The price actually was not that steep... here's why. I got 14K miles axles that were a drop in, I did nothing, not even brake pads! Now I am on the hunt for dana 70 outers for a bit more beef(fun stuff). Point is, what seemed like over priced at the time turned out to be more cost effective in the long run. I lost the eaton in the rear: and I really liked the old axle, but I don't miss it. Just some mussing's on the heels of others planting the D60 bug. And based on your rig, I bet you would dig the 60! Get a post 80s D60 for the straight across whole shaft 1.5 inner! Only thing the axle will need is 35 outers and 35 spline hubs.