View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 02:27 PM   #1035
NewType72

Re: 1972 Chevy p/u NewType Build

Saturday afternoon. Brought forth the long awaited bed placement!! With the help of pops and a family friends as well as couple of my buddies we easily got the bed back where it belonged so that I could begin finalizing air line length and air fitting panel placement. I had some other errands to run that evening so that was as far as I got for the day but Sunday morning brought forth adding all the bed bolts and shimming about three washers thick on the left rear corner as the truck has a major frame twist that disappoints me to no end most days but alas all you can do is try and hide it for the time being. I was able to get the panel painted and trimmed up quite a bit as the bumper was quite a bit closer than initially expected, I took care of seal the fitting properly on each side of the panel and tightened my air line for the last time into the blocks on the back side. I'm very happy with the end result and it makes for quick accessible adjustments as needed for shows and road travel. Back on the ground she goes and a quick fluid check before the maiden voyage checks out smoothly so away we went and boy.. boy oh boy.. you can't ask for much more than an absolutely pristine problem free voyage as the one ole Foghorn Leghorn gave as everything checked out smooth and fully operable.

Ride: as if I were on air!! No squeaks nor harsh metal clashing when hitting dips in the road.

Vibration at speed: absolutely Bull and void! I can't believe I was running near a full 1/8" of play on that old yoke so happy to have my 60-70 mph smoothness back and not have my teeth rattled thouroughly

Happiness: through the roof. I'm so stoked the rear has gone as smoothly as it has. All there is now is to wait for the front end parts to wrap this update up next month.. I'll get into that at a later post

As expected here are some beauty shots to compliment my mediocre writing skills

- Dylan
(209)-985-7721
NewType72 is offline   Reply With Quote