View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 08:42 PM   #1437
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
engine looks good in there. Looking forward to seeing the fire up.
Thanks! Me too, but not tonight. I need to get a few things for the new fuel pump install. I don't have anything with the 06 or 08 AN fittings and I need to replace some stuff. Today I stopped by the shop where my son works. They have everything but I didn't have measurements for hose, etc. so I was only able to get some of what I needed. I think I'll have the rest of it tomorrow, then it's show time.

I did a little research on the power steering hose adapters, etc. because my son wasn't able to get one from work. They were out of them and had them on order. During my interweb cruising I found a couple forum posts that said they just removed the fitting from the pump for the older flare hose and replaced the fitting in the newer style pump, easy peasy.

Of course I still have an old pump sitting in the lean-to parts storage, so I pull out the fitting, take out the one from the new pump and whatayano, they are the same but different.

Old pump left, new pump right

Flare fitting left, bubble metric flare fitting right.

Screws right in and I didn't even have to remove the pump to do it. Save your old pump flare fittings when you swap pumps and you're good to go without any money spent on adapters. The original hose fits just fine in with the pump in the new position on the serpentine belt set up.

Down to the last couple tasks now, but I'm going to go work on my porch again tonight. I've got the support beam built and most of the header/ledger boards up. Trusses going up soon.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote