View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 10:55 PM   #142
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Wow, doesn't feel like 2 weeks since I posted any updates. Time flies ...

Been working on a bunch of odds and ends.

Did some brake rotor safety wire work. In my line of work we like to follow the "belt and suspenders" philosophy. So I did the same here. Safety wire is "not required" as the bolts are torqued and loaded with loctite. But, loctite and heat don't get along and rotors get hot. So safety wire is a simple precaution to ensure that the rotors do not come off the hats.

This is one of the rear rotors. It was a small PIA since the drum for the parking/emergency brake makes it so the bolt heads for the rotor are in a channel.
Name:  IMG_2481.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  53.6 KB

The front rotors went much faster.
Name:  IMG_2483.jpg
Views: 1213
Size:  47.3 KB

I also started on some other plumbing after finishing up the fuel lines. I swapped out the flow control valve in my power steering pump for a unit setup for Ford racks, then installed the power steering lines. Also started on the trans cooler lines. I mocked in the A/C lines from the dryer and found that where I had my 2nd trans cooler (air cooler) was going to clash with the A/C lines, so that needs to move. I'm also contemplating a larger cooler as on hot days with a 3200 rpm stall the trans temps get a little warm, even with the fluid running through the cooler in the radiator and then through an air cooler with an insane 8" Spal fan.

But, all that work was distracting me from getting the cab done. So the chassis got moved into my "attached detached single garage" so I could focus on the cab. And yes that is a SBC in the far back corner.
Name:  IMG_2492.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  52.3 KB

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote