View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 12:08 PM   #92
painterljp

Re: SWB 4x4 was totaled. Now what? Can I get it back?

Then there is going to be what part of country are they using where truck is or where it is going. Zip code's I guess. They are worth more here than there. Just from Experience they won't use Craigslist ads. They say no proof of what they sold for. I would be asking to get an actual classic truck appraisal guy out there . Paid for by you!! Like the people that go out before you insure your truck with Hagerty and actually appraise it. If you pay for it and it comes back to low you wouldn't have to tell them what is appraised for but usually since you are the one paying they make sure high appraisal and most of them know where to find similar values that the insurance companies can argue with. Maybe diesel wrencher knows where to find one of those guys there and how much it would cost. Appraisals here are around 200 bucks though but may be worth it in long run. And they can write it up as before the wreck and after. Your not going to get an accurate appraisal from the insurance. Just a thought.

I am in with the rest of you all that somebody involved wants that truck and it ain't just you.
Good luck!!! Keep us posted.
painterljp is offline   Reply With Quote