View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 01:22 AM   #21
Titomars

Wink Re: You pick and pull it yards finds

My latest score is not Square related exactly. I go out to my Pick N Pull specifically for 73 to 81 square parts. well they were having their 50% off sale so I decided to poke around and see if i could find a few things. after walking the truck line and seeing only stripped squares I decided to walk the GM car line, maybe find a set of Caddy horns or relays etc. as I am walking I run into a 74 Chevelle ........... I just hit the lottery! there are never 70's cars in the yard here. Actually there were 2 gm 70's cars that day the Chevelle and a 79 Vette.
My daily driver is a 75 El Camino. So it's going to be a long day. I am going to strip anything good off this car. My Elkie is a basket case it is basically 3 cars of parts that I reassembled to run. any way got a cherry grille and headlight assemblies both of which look better to me then the 75 design so I snag up those also all the marker lights and bezels, brackets, moldings, relays, seat belts (black), a/c ducting, glove box and door, winshield trim. as i am looking over the rear end of the car (not much that works on an elkie) I jump under it just to eyeball the rear axle. standard 10 bolt in appearance. pop the cover off and behold a beautiful posi diff. with 3.08 gears (elkie has 2.76). Ok my day just got even longer out came the rear axle. the Chevelle also had a TH400. I needed a front pump for a spare 400 I have, so I snagged that too. Since I was in the trans I also yanked out the speedo gears too. I rolled up to the register with a heaping cart. I left the yard only $188.00 lighter

Last edited by Titomars; 06-11-2017 at 01:32 AM.
Titomars is offline   Reply With Quote