View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 07:57 PM   #202
hewittca

Re: Green Gus the 68 shortbed convert

While getting sidetracked with transmission/engine repairs, I started to catch the engine building bug and decided that I want to eventually put together a little something to liven Gus up a bit. I wanted to stay small block to remain very budget conscious, so a 355 it is. Equally as important as power is the look of the motor. It has to look like a worn old small block that could be the original motor. With that in mind, I started experimenting on some of the parts that I have collected already. I started with Duplicolor Chevy Orange-Red but it was too red, so I went with Duplicolor Chevy Orange instead which was a much closer match to the original paint on my 307. After that, I lightly misted black over the parts and quickly wiped as much off as I could with mineral spirits. This gave my freshly painted aluminum performer intake and Chevrolet script valve covers the look of an original top end. I'm happy with the results, so I will use this technique on the remainder of the engine. Now all I need is a block and heads!

-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote