View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 12:33 PM   #19
leftybass209

Re: Looking For A Radiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring View Post
I think it will sit up too high: the top of the radiator is so high that the upper retainer brackets are at such an angle as to look wrong. I'd have to shim them on the core support side.

Now in my case, one of the lower retainer brackets had been smashed in, making that side a 3 row radiator bracket. That kept it from fitting and made it sit up even higher. I have since rectified that but not before I bought an all aluminum 3 row radiator.

Originally, my truck had a 1 or 2 row radiator that didn't sit on lower brackets at all! It sat on a piece of long, thin rubber placed on that lower shelf of the core support.

I haven't reassembled my front end yet, I could still put in that (all copper and brass) radiator if I wanted to. I don't need that much cooling with just a 250 I6 though.
Yep. Those parts store copper 4 rows look the part, but don't exactly fit the part. I had to return mine for the same fitment issues. I went with a Champion/American Eagle 2 row radiator with verified 1" rows. Engine won't even attempt to get hot in 100+ degree weather even at idle, with a stock mechanical fan w/ clutch.

Last edited by leftybass209; 06-13-2017 at 12:38 PM.
leftybass209 is offline   Reply With Quote