View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 11:46 AM   #1
LEEVON

Project "Man Truck"...it's a F#RD

So this guy was driving by my shop and blew a head gasket. He wanted out of it and the truck was soooo clean that I couldn't pass it up. Plus my wife is always harshing me about my lowered trucks and pointing out "man trucks", so maybe it's time I had another one? I have never owned a Ford.

It's a 2004 with 110k miles and the 5.4L. Yeah, they are a gutless compared to the Powerstroke diesel but a whole engine cost me less than one big trip to the diesel shop. Its nearly spotless inside and out...never been worked. Completely stock except for a nice set of Bilstein shocks. It's strange somebody would buy this for a daily driver and never tow/haul but I like their style anyway. The previous owner actually put touch-up paint on the tow hooks, so you know it was their baby! Inside the bed is spotless. We put a brand new 5.4L long block in it, with all new Motorcraft underhood items such as water pump, hoses, belts, etc. I also put a set of 10-ply, 285 Cooper S/T Maxx tires on her. They're quiet for an agressive tire.

The chassis is just as clean as a new truck. Basically, it is a new truck at this point. I'm thinking of upgrading the stereo and speakers, maybe a sub and possibly remote start? I plan to add a bed cover and some sort of steps. The running boards just didn't do it for me. Here are some photos.

Has anybody had one of these 5.4's?
Attached Images

Last edited by LEEVON; 06-15-2017 at 12:11 PM.
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote