View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 02:59 PM   #119
georgieb51

Re: SWB 4x4 was totaled. Now what? Can I get it back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Monkey View Post
Hoping all when as well as possible the other day. Health and truck .everyone is hoping the best.
Thanks MM. Colonoscopy went better than ever. Found only one very tiny polyp smaller than a pinhead, so now I do not have to come back for another 5 years, age 71. No guarantee i will be around then but I do not expect to be going anywhere soon! I talked on the phone with Barney (the wrecker) and he is definitely on my side. My truck is locked up inside and is not going anywhere! He knows the whole routine whereby adjusters sometimes have someone in a favorite salvage yard. He too is suspicious of the adjuster, but he is on my side and has a note on the truck that it is not to be let out without permission from Me. I have faith it will all work out OK as long as I am patient. Barney would even let it out now but I would have to pay off $600 in storage fees (only $20/day-- I thought it would be more) that he says the insurance folks should pay off. He says if I pay it off it will just mess them up even further. Thanks again, George.
1967 Chevy K10 Short Stepside, unrestored original.
1969 GMC CST (Longhorn) 396, buckets, unrestored.
1995 GMC K2500, 65,000 miles, 454.
georgieb51 is offline   Reply With Quote