View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 10:04 PM   #214
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

the 47-55 battery box is slightly larger than the 41-46, so my s10 battery just barely didnt fit. I could have just bought a new box, or taken one from the parts pile, especially since the one hold down bolt is broken, but waste not want not. I drilled out the rivets and gave the extra 3/8" I was missing. yes you can still get to the oil fill, its not as close as it looks.

cables reach too, thats a nice surprise.

more mr fixit, the drivers door check mounts were broken and the check was missing, but I found it in the kick panel washing out the truck. I fixed up the mount and woop

all the underhood and dash wiring is complete now except the HVAC, which is pre wired anyway, just need the big 12v tie in. well except the cruise switch, I need to find a pinout here, the guy bought a blazer column and only half installed it so obviously the wiring is slightly different on the cruise switch. if anyone has done the wiring change before maybe shoot me the info.
truck side

column side

my wife is going to a work thing for a week so it will just be me and the beeps, probably no progress in that time except what I get done tomorrow.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote