View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 05:14 PM   #142
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: SWB 4x4 was totaled. Now what? Can I get it back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgieb51 View Post
Thanks everyone! I am so grateful for all your support and I am especially grateful to Ryan for picking up my truck and taking it to his place. Ryan said he would be posting a photo of my truck on his trailer tomorrow. Oddly enough I am not totally out of the woods yet. I tried to arrange for transport with my broker but she said she cannot arrange to have it go past the Iowa state line. She needs to hear from the insurance company that they are "done with the truck". So I have been on the phone talking to the insurance company and they said they would get back to me within 10 minutes after checking first with the adjuster. Apparently the adjuster had to arrange for someone to appraise my truck. At least the truck is in my possession. Maybe I will have to find an independent trucker rather than go through a broker. Good thing I am patient. .
George, no problem at all. Maybe a different broker needs to be called and do not mention the entire wreck situation. Maybe even message Fine69 as he used to transport vehicles across country, and might still. The truck will be locked up tomorrow in the shop and it won't go anywhere until you say so. Don't be in any kind of a rush as it isn't hurting anything by being here. And if the truck needs to be relocated to another place where the address is only known by you and I, that can happen too. That seems weird that the broker is siding with the insurance company who is dragging their feet and not trying to help you, their customer.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.

Last edited by Dieselwrencher; 06-20-2017 at 05:23 PM.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote