View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 10:19 AM   #230
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
it always amazes me when guys do body swaps and say "I dont want to mess with the wiring" and proceed to buy a brand new wiring harness to adapt to all their swap parts! thats like a thousand times more messing than was needed, all the swap parts plug together already and sure there will be stuff you dont need but, it all plugs together! I tell them, the wiring harness doesnt care what truck its in, donor or recipient, as long as everything is plugged in, it will start!

looking great, keep it up!
To be fair, I have an aftermarket harness kit that I bought from Ron Francis 20 years ago, before this became a chassis swap project, since the 1957 had no original wiring left in it. I can see where guys do like the plug-n-play aspects of an aftermarket harness kit, not to mention some are built to be chassis specific, which offers a clean appearance. In my case, there is only one, maybe two vendors that offer a stand alone engine management system, using my supplied OEM harness and $750 from my pocket. I can read a schematic, so there isn't any reason for me to pay someone else $750 for something I can do myself.

-Joe