View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 02:28 AM   #166
kehstr

Red face Re: 1972 gmc 2wd highlander with original paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Yeah, I remembered how much fun it was getting those little sob's out. I tacked a lot of them to the bed floor and then broke them off and cut the tack welds. That was big fun. Haha
Yeah, I am for sure glad that that project is over. And thank goodness it went together much easier.

Quote:
Man, that hood turned out really nice! Have fun this weekend! You should be proud of your truck. I sure didn't have anything nearly that nice when I was your age that my Dad and I built.
Thanks! I am so proud of this truck, so far we have put about 1300 miles on it, and she has not skipped a beat!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg58 View Post
Great progress, you will enjoy showing off your efforts!

Greg
I can't tell you how long the last month or 2 have felt like, trying to get it ready to show off at this show! I can't wait to show it off!

Quote:
Very cool! I just tried doing the tail light filler on my truck but my fill tube is too big so I had to go with plan B. In the bed ahead of the stake pocket. Dang it. Haha The truck looks awesome! You guys sure kicked butt on it. That stinks about your seat too!
Oh, that does stink! I have really liked mine so far, it is kind of nice to be able to just back up to a pump that someone is partly blocking, and not have to worry about the hose reaching HAHA. Yeah kicked it in the butt was an understatement, my dad and I worked on it every day after work from about 6 until at least 1 in the morning. Oh well, lots of work so I can enjoy it!!
The whole seat thing really ticks me off, hopefully, it shows up, I have a few suspicions of who could have taken it. I guess I will just keep a close eye out, and hopefully, I can find it before SMS gets off their butts and can send me the material I need. But at this rate, I think I have a while LOL.

Check out my Youtube channel
@Chad's Fab
kehstr is offline   Reply With Quote