Thread: Drag racing
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 09:10 AM   #63
Marine-58

Re: Drag racing

There are a lot of people on this board that know way more than I do about these trucks not mention engines and drivetrains. So guys please keep me honest here.

From a mathematical (physics) standpoint, the absolute best that 330hp can run a 1/4 mile is low 12's. That is making a lot of assumptions that the 330 is at the rear tires, all variables are perfect like reaction time, no trans slip, Torque converter perfect hook up, no tire slip, shifting time is zero, etc... Professional Top Fuel teams cannot get there. Oh, yeah don't forget the drag coefficient on these trucks. I could go through the calculations on here but no-one would be interested in that and I'm not going to spend the time doing it.

Once you plug all the variable info into the calculations, at best you will run a 15 second 1/4 mile, give or take 1/2 second. (estimated and without a blown engine..

A real life example - 72 C10 with a 383 with a dyno'd 465hp assuming 14% drivetrain loss gives me 399.9hp at the rear wheels. Only took it to the strip once and made 5 runs. Best time was 13.96. Although I am very rusty.

While I'm thinking about it, I know of absolutely ant dragstrip in this country that will allow a 10 second vehicle with only seatbelts, on at track.

After reading through all the post's and your insistance for this and lack of ability to describe a simple hesitation problem or any substantial details, I can only conclude that either you are a kid that just doesn't know better or some guy that just wants to goof around with everyone.

If you are a kid and willing to learn, own up to it and there are many very knowledgeable people on here that will give great advice. (Like Grumpy Old Man said much earlier). If not then just keep mesing with everyone, but understand we are on to you.

When my boy's were teenagers, my favorite saying was "hire a teenager while they still know everything"...

69 Corvette convertible 454/650
Marine-58 is offline   Reply With Quote