Thread: Drag racing
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 10:33 AM   #69
Hayden Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-58 View Post
Sounds better... Thanks for being honest. So let's move on from here...

First important question is what is your end goal for this truck? Makes a big difference if you want a daily driver or something high performance. Dependable daily driver can be expensive depending on what you start with. High performance is much more expensive.

Old saying "speed is expensive, how fast do you want to go?"

Can you provide some details on the current engine build? 355 ci says it was bored .030. Any info on cam, intake, exhaust, etc... Trans, rear end? Be as specific as you can. Lot's of questions just to establish where you are today. I would strongly caution against using any nitrous if the bottom end isn't strong enough to take it. IF you do have it and use it, make sure there is plenty fuel available and the gas solenoid has enough supply and works correctly, it only takes about a second to melt a hole in a piston if it is too lean...
I want to have a high performance race truck. It has the original cam for a 350. The manifold is a N/A. The eahaust is a high speed low torque header. The trans is a thr400. The rear end is a 4.10 gear and 1/2 ton axle. I would like to make this a freaky fast race truck
Posted via Mobile Device
Hayden Buck is offline   Reply With Quote