Thread: Drag racing
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 03:43 PM   #78
Marine-58

Re: Drag racing

Hayden - Jack up your truck and pull each wheel. Visually inspect each brake, and don't forget the rubber brake lines. Any crack in the lines and replace them. If the pads/shoes are thin, replace them. Of course check the brake fluid level in the master cylinder. Personally I would flush the entire system and put in new fluid.

That is actually what I'm doing now. Toy #2 is a 69 vette. have all 4 corners tore down and replacing everything.

How does the truck steer? any slop at all or if it pulls either direction, take it to a front end shop if your Dad doesn't know how to check out the components. Probably a good idea to go to a good alignment shop anyway. They can get it on a rack and check it out.

What are the tires like? Check tread depth. Look for any cracks in the sidewalls, proper pressure etc...

BTW.... Aussie has some good advice on the engine. You have a bunch of I don't know. Try hotrodding something you aren't sure about and you could be building a 400hp hand grenade... But first make it safe.

69 Corvette convertible 454/650
Marine-58 is offline   Reply With Quote