View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 10:18 PM   #238
hewittca

Re: Green Gus the 68 shortbed convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8-68 View Post
Some sweet ideas Corey, I would have never thought to remove tire markings like that The truck looks great
Thanks! I know making custom whitewalls from white letter tires by grinding them down has been done for a long time, but you don't see too many smoothed sidewalls. I hated the sidewalls on my tires enough to give it a shot. I think it was worth the effort and risk of ruining my tires (if I got too impatient).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty76 View Post
That's a great idea. I like the smooth look of the sidewall. I've always been a fan of thin white walls as well. I remember eons ago my ole pick it up had them. One of my favorite looks is a Bellflower look. Thin whites on Cragar SS or Truespokes lowered suspension with just enough mods. I'm a sucker for lowriders and kustoms.
Me too on the thin whites. Even if it's a crappy old van or something, if it rolls by with thin whites I'll turn my head and think, oh cool! Then I wonder where they get their tires from and if it was a conscious effort of theirs to make sure they got some thin whites.
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread

Last edited by hewittca; 06-26-2017 at 10:22 AM.
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote