View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 05:43 PM   #306
scoot_mcgrute

Re: 1966 C10 Project Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
I hate you now...

Just kidding, that stance is perfect! Now that you are driving it more with this current set up, how do you like that Uni-Steer Rack set up?

I looked back thru the thread, but I never saw what you did for the rear shock relocation, what did you end up doing?
The Uni-steer kit is ok. For performance driving, it leaves a bit on the table in the geometry department but works fine cruising around. One thing I don't like about it is the rack is offset to the passenger side for frame clearance and wasn't noticed until this year so I can turn sharper to the right than the left. Gotta fix that. If I were to start over with the steering, I would compare the Uni-steer and No Limit kits better. I think the No Limit rack setup would be better for what I want to do with the pickup.

I haven't done anything with the rear shocks yet and I really don't have the harsh ride that I've heard about. I have the No Limit relocation kit but ran out of time to get them on before exhaust and now the exhaust runs right where the shock would be. I may look at the CPP kit but I don't know yet.