View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 01:34 AM   #2820
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Sunday....
Bootfair day.
Rubbish night, little sleep for me, but of course not for the returned prodigal cat.

He seems oblivious to pretty much anything happening around him, except the sound of a tin opener and Tuna.

So yesterday was an early day, to go to work in London at the Royal College of Physicians.

Up at 04.30 to get the right train and tube so that I could be there before 08.00 to start setting up.

Out the house with only a mug of tea, and no Overpriced coffee along the way, meant that was the first thing I asked for when I got to the venue.

Being one of the organisers, I was taken to the member's restaurant and and waited on hand and foot.........

Scrambled egg on the plate was the second best I have ever had, and I have traveled a lot.

Even a very nice Café Latté to bolster my mood.

Yup, that is my happy food face.

The rest of the day was long and hard, with loads of lectures by incredibly capable medics.
Eventually finishing at 4.00 pm.

Tubes and train back home saw me indoors 13 hours after leaving.

My one lodger, Gary had also brought me some prezzies.....

Stainless steel welding brushes, rubberised gloves and two pairs of Tig Welding gloves to add to my garage supplies.

He then also gave me rent for the next week and added a £20.00 note, saying that it was "For the children, they need all the help we can give them"

After which we did the donation from my PayPal account while he posted his message. Which made me smile.

Seems it has started raining outside, which usually means the bootfairs get cancelled.....

But I will go out anyway and look to see if there is anything happening.

Then later over to Craig's place to deliver the 8 plastic pallets I collected in Prozac last weekend. Plus a BBQ with his family.

And finally when I get back, hopefully a ride on the bike, as this week is filled with long days of training and meetings before Fridays Charity Ride.

Later guys.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote