View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 10:48 AM   #44
BIGglaSS

Re: 57 Short Box 235 5sp C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by svr View Post
I got the rear fenders mounted with some 1.5" wheel spacers and they put the tires right where they need to be, no tubs needed. The tires are 285 40x17 on what corvette advertises as 9.5" with +56mm back space. So if my calculations are right the 56mm less the 1.5" (38.1mm) means a +18mm back space 9.5" wheel will keep the tire in the same place. That sound right?
Looking good. Calculations are correct, except the term is "offset", not backspace. What year rear? I have the late model wider rear, 19x10 79mm offset wheel 285 tire. I had 2" spacers on hand, so now +28mm offset. I will have to roll the fender lip slightly, because there is very little clearance to fenders. The bedsides were previously cut for tubs. I'm surprised you got the tire to fit without tubs. On mine, the 285 looks like it would rub the bedside during articulation.

As for the radiator, can you find a way to mount it closer to the support and use the electric fan? That doesn't look like much clearance for a manual fan.
BIGglaSS is offline   Reply With Quote