View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 06:27 AM   #312
evilokc

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59chevy310p View Post
I did some small up grades like different cam to make it so I can run turbos eventually had the heads gone through and arp everything so she will do alright. I wish I had people around me who knew how to do a independent front end swap I already have the front clip just not that smart in that area to do that. But it will do for now just thankful that the wife loves me having these trucks around.
my stock frame has a clip grafted on and honestly these days I think that's a silly way to go. they sell some really great front cross member sets with top of the line suspension for not much more than a subframe would cost. with a subframe there are a lot of things left to chance. when I went to start fitting sheet metal nothing fit. the front of the frame was in the way. I had to rebuild all the front suspension and guess what I have now? brand new 1979 suspension. if I had used a cross member I would have a frame that my sheet metal would love and the suspension and brakes would be far superior to what I have now. I will never sub frame again. its just too cheap and easy to do the cross member these days and get awesome results.
evilokc is offline   Reply With Quote