View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 08:51 PM   #25
tutone

Re: 1967 Shop truck from a beater [build ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckLee View Post
I like your progress sir. It makes me want to do a SWB conversion while I'm all torn down. It seems to be quite a job to do the panel work and especially the tear down of the bed (metal, not a wood bed)
Don't let it overwhelm you. The bed is the most time consuming part of this but the frame work was the hard part for me. Every thing you see I have done with absolutely no help. There have been times during this, that an extra pair of hands, and eyes, would have been nice to have. I like a wood bed in a 67 but a metal one just requires a little different approach. I would not cut the bed across the floor, even though it is more work, I would disassemble the bed and cut the steel floor and tip over the metal in the back. Lots of talented people on here have approached their bed that way. Just take your time and bite off only what you can chew. My goal was not to build a show truck, but a shop truck. I am keeping tabs on the cost of this conversion and I am still under 200 bucks, counting the back bumper and mig welding wire. The drop and wiring is gonna cost me but that's part of it. Let us know what you end up doing.
tutone is offline   Reply With Quote