View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 10:09 AM   #227
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigamanx View Post
The 65' looks awesome! Are you going to change out the gas tank or just the sender/pump?

This is screwing up a lot of sites. I noticed over the weekend while doing some research that a lot of pictures I could have used for reference are now gone on various build threads over the Internet. It sucks!
yes, my 65 build thread is decimated by the pb thing. here is a shot of when I had it. his HOA complained about the patina, so he plastidipped it. he also bought it without the wheels, which I think were perfect on there.
IMG_9191.JPG by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I replaced the pump and strainer. I tried to find a complete setup in town but only one place had it and it was $259 for precision brand, compare that to $65 on rockauto. so I bought just the pump and strainer and you can see it in the pictures, as well as the video of how well it runs right after it. flickr doesnt put the play button on the videos so I guess I have to say "its a video" from now on. I replaced the tank earlier in the build because it was so rusty, and the fuel pump had the same issue. the guy said he wrecked the truck and pulled the tank and sold it to me. seems like it sat a while longer than he said.

I did a little more last night, it was pretty hot but I mocked up the seats. its a little tight in there, but I am not building a winnebago either so its to be expected.

IMG_6609 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

seats are 89 lebaron that I had recovered in oxblood.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote