Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 09:41 PM   #131
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Well today was a very interesting day to say the least. What I thought could be accomplished in a couple of hours took all day...and some very valuable lessons learned along the way.....and still some to learn.

So I wanted to set the motor in the truck and at least hear it light up....So I checked everything while it was still on the motor stand in hopes that installing the motor would be a little less painless since it easier to check things out of the truck than while its setting in it...Checked every bolt to ensure it was properly torqued down right, made sure I had clearance....pretty much tried to ensure everything was right before I ever took it off the motor stand.....to ensure that #1 piston was TDC and the rotor button was facing the #1 spark plug wire.

Lesson #1 learned....Always check motor mounts to ensure the threads are clean and not full of rubber.....Yes sports fans the bolts wouldn't go in...So had to take them off and clean out the threads, reinstall them and the bolts ran up tight just fine....

Lesson Number #2.....Local parts stores are not very knowledgable...If they cant punch it into a computer, then they have no clue...case and point HEI rotor button..."Sir a 1966 Chevy C10 didn't come with an HEI distributor" Welll no kidding...but I digress

So we finally got the motor set in and all bolted down...ready to hear it light up...Well 4 hrs later I'm still waiting.

I know this much..It has to have fire, has to have fuel and has to be in time for it to run...One of those I am missing and it aint fuel or fire....I pulled and reset the distributor, re ran plugs wires and pretty much did everything I know tonight so that I could hear it at least light of for a few seconds....Guess today wasn't the day for that.....Ill try again tomorrow after church and see if I can hear ole girls heartbeat.

any ways here is a few pics of what we got done today.
Attached Images

Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote