View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 08:24 AM   #11
hewittca

Re: Post your "one that got away"

My truck was originally one that got away the first time I saw it, but I got lucky with a second shot at it. I found it first on CL local to me for $2900. It was being sold by the widow of a Marine who recently passed after owning the truck for many years. It was in really good shape except it had been sitting for quite a while and didn't run, so I hesitated on the sale for a minute too long and it was snapped up by someone else.

Of course, once it was gone I wanted it even more and searched CL desperately for something in similar condition. Much to my surprise, about 4 months later it showed up again on CL about 3 hours from me. Someone had purchased it to flip, cleaned it up, got it running, and relisted it for $5500. Turns out all it needed was a new tank and a few other small tune up items. I knew without a doubt this guy was making a few bucks on me, but at this point I was already emotionally invested in this truck and I got out there as quick as I could to buy it.

It's since gone through a shortbed conversion and a few other mods, but this one is definitely a keeper.
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote