View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 08:52 PM   #232
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

hey thanks! that was a really nice compliment

turned it around under its own power, almost went for a blast on the dirt road but the hood isnt bolted down and there isnt an air cleaner yet so probably best to stick to the yard for now.
IMG_6637 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

de-floored the bed and trimmed it slightly, just wanted to see where the wheel arch center is in relation to the bed and back of the cab. remember that this is a 3/4 ton so it originally came with a 47-55 long bed and fenders, so I bought a 1/2 ton short bed and 41-46 fenders. the s10 long wheelbase is a little longer than the 41 short wheelbase so I wanted to see if I could get it close enough to look right.
IMG_6638 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6639 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6640 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

obviously the bed sides hit the tires because the s10 axle is narrower, I could have thrown on some spacers but I like the way the wheels look in there currently so I decided to hit northern tool and pick up a single 10" wide trailer fender. when I got it home I cut it in half, then marked and plasma'd the bedsides
IMG_6645 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6647 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I ran out of welding gas building the seat mounts so while I was out I stopped for a new bottle. turns out they were out of 88cu ft bottles so they loaned me a 24 so I could keep welding. silly little thing!
IMG_6648 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

but I got them tacked in and the bed mocked up, looks super dope!
IMG_6651 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6660 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

that oxblood color interior is my absolute favorite. I dont mean to gush by jeeze I love that color on a hot rod.

more to come!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote