View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 08:49 AM   #2921
s10mk

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdriven View Post
I'm continually jealous of the iron available elsewhere in the country. This is pretty typical of what is local to me. I know this isn't the craigslist duds page but I have to vent a little.

https://longisland.craigslist.org/ct...192034775.html
Went to look at this 67 CST 327 auto ps pb air big window lwb with my father as he's getting the itch for a c10 again after I bought mine. Described as having "some rust you can fix or drive as is" and being running and driving. Turn out to be a bondo special with nearly every panel needing replacement or patch work including everything from the kick panels down on the cab. The cab supports were basically nonexistent and a few good bumps would knock the cab clear from the frame if you dared to "drive it as is". All for the low asking price of $5500. Unfortunately dad isn't too keen on buying something not in front of him but I think I'm wearing him down on going Roadkill style.
I feel your pain, I'm from southwest Pennsylvania, and there is practically nothing decent near me. There are basically 2 types of trucks available, trucks that are rotted beyond repair, and trucks that have been restored that bring big money.look at it this way, a 2 or 3 day road trip is well worth it versus a months worth of work cutting out rusted panels.

1972 Chevrolet c20 350/350

1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS/ 6.0 lsx