View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 02:23 PM   #238
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

Yeah, apparently Photobucket has seen fit to change their policy regarding 3rd party photo hosting, effective July 6. Of course, I can pay them $2.50 per month to lose all of their pop-up ads, but there is no mention of whether or not that includes third party hosting or if there is an additional fee for that, or how long it will be before they want more money. As a consequence, I'm in the process of pulling all my images from Photobucket and putting them on a thumb drive for right now.

The computer issue is a bit frustrating, but I'm not going to let it get me down. Even in the worst case I have options, either in the form of another wire harness for the drivetrain, swapping to a carbureted intake manifold and traditional ignition system, or putting a GM drivetrain in, since I still have my 350 V8.

There were only a few places that I altered the original harness, so once I rule out any shorts there, it will be a matter of running each wire and checking for damage. I am not 100% certain, but I have an aftermarket harness kit from Ron Francis that I may be able to use to power the computer as well. Since I already have it, I was going to use it to power add-ons like A/C, stereo, power seat bases and the like. I don't know if this is a realistic option as far as the computer goes, but it is one more option none the less.

Edit...So it seems to get my images 3rd party hosted again, they want $40 per month! I guess Photobucket is looking to implode as everyone jumps ship. So be it.

-Joe

Last edited by Purcell69; 07-27-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Purcell69 is offline   Reply With Quote