View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 03:02 PM   #6
BomberVette

Re: My DD Crew Build

So that everyone knows life has been crazy and haven't had time to finish the post of the still ongoing build. It was converted to 4wd in a week but still have some small stuff to complete but have been living with them. Help from my uncle in the evenings and my brother on the weekend.
I would recommend people take a longer time to do the swap but the faster you can get done the more time you will having fun.
After removing the 2wd stuff the 4wd stuff started and I was like you are a dang idiot for doing this but in a couple of hours It was total worth it.
Got the front axle under it and was like oh heck yeah but had to find a different set of tires and wheels for it. Put the BBC and trans with the tcase together.
Started to look at what I need to do for a engine crossmember and came up with using the 2wd motor mounts and cutting the engine crossmember out of the 2wd front suspension. After the plasma cutter and some grinding the crossmember was in and gave me lots of room for the trans and tcase. Side note I didn't have to go to the big trans tunnel so far. After lining the mounts back up it was good to go. Used the 4wd trans crossmember with little mods to it.
Put the front clip back on and wired it all back up with all fluids changed with new to me headers.
Was down to the final small stuff up front and had to swap the rear axle out. After some thought we used the one ton rear leafs and changed the mounts on the axle along with changing the shock mounts to. Worked great and I cut the drive shaft and did it myself without any vibration.
My thoughts were build the truck you want and drive it everyday.
BomberVette is offline   Reply With Quote