View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 07:34 PM   #16
davepl

Re: If a Quality Paint Job Was Free, Would You Paint It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.A.A.benny View Post
Wouldn't have to ask me twice on a free quality paint job. Be careful with that ,"these trucks will never be six figure investments" statement. I sure you are gonna piss off some folks. And it'll start with, " these trucks are going up in value" and then " have you seen what they are fetching at barret Jackson?"
You could build and sell a 100K version of one of these trucks right now. But not in stock form, it'd have to be a restomod. And you'd have to spend $150K to get $100K back, most likely. More if you're paying for mechanical and fabrication work rather than doing it yourself. I'm talking Art Morrison chassis, independent rear suspension, LT4 crate motor, that sort of thing...

I think, as a stretch, if you found a super-well-optioned Cheyenne Super shortbed, big-block, etc, and restored it CORRECTLY to a high standard, it'd pull $60K. If it were a sub-10K mile survivor in original condition, maybe a touch more.

But your typical idiot-light C10 longbed pickup? They'll max out in the teens (restored or clean) for a long time, I'd imagine. And there will always be a faction of folks whose cousin could do it for a case of beer and $3500, but those claims rarely turn into build threads.

Last edited by davepl; 08-05-2017 at 07:39 PM.
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote