View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 11:22 PM   #5673
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

It's been sitting while I recuperate from carpal tunnel surgery. My middle son is my left hand man (my surgery was on my left hand); when he has time from his construction job. He loaded the MT oxygen tank into the back of my truck. I'll wash the old girl for the first time in a month and go get a fresh cylinder tomorrow, so I can finish making a handrail for the steps leading up to my house. The length and limited rise do not require a handrail, by code. But my MIL tripped going up them awhile back (I personally think her idjit Spaniel tripped her). Be that as it may be, I'm going to make a hand rail. It's about 3/4 complete. If there is a possible problem, it has surfaced. The latest was when I pulled my OxyAcetylene rig out, and the oxygen tank had bingo gas left. I made some tack welds and that was it. I'll wash the truck tomorrow morning and go get a refill for the oxygen. I can't complain. The last thing I did with my torch was cutting metal, which is an oxygen-hungry job. If I had realized that it was that low, I'd've gotten another tank sooner.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA