View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 12:24 AM   #180
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrouss70 View Post
Looks great!

All of the seals on my Blazer are from GMC Paul's. I found it to be good quality seals, if I remember correctly, most of it was Precision brand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcpe View Post
Very nice progress!

Thanks guys! Man I've been busy. Pushing the boulder from all sides.

I've been working on a ton of stuff ... brakes, steering, interior, odds and ends

Here's a few shots of some of that:

Built a steam line for the LS using these slick fittings from Earl's that adapt the steam line to a -4 AN. Then I just made some -4 lines from some PTFE braided SS I had in the shop. Then tied it in to the heater port on my radiator.
Name:  IMG_2671.jpg
Views: 1181
Size:  97.2 KB

Got the brake lines all made. Lot's of "fun" here. But they are done. Time to bench bleed the master, flush the lines, and bleed the brakes. Oh, and all that ugly stuff on the steering column will be made pretty. I finalized the u-joints fitment today and dimpled/drilled the shafts (yep, I still hate drilling hardened steel) so they are ready for paint and that bracket will soak a few hours in rust remover tomorrow after a date with the wire brush tonight.Then paint all that stuff and put in together "for reals".
Name:  IMG_2680.jpg
Views: 1191
Size:  100.5 KB

And decided last minute, meaning last Monday, to install some Dynamat. Ordered Monday night, arrived Thursday, installed yesterday and today. Also have some Dynaliner to install in select spots on the firewall and floor. Should help quiet the cab down as long trips in this thing before weren't the most enjoyable to say the least.
Name:  IMG_2686.jpg
Views: 1173
Size:  77.6 KB

And a little "SSS" - Side shot Sunday (we'll, the photo was taken on Saturday). Sitting on the springs. The front is a tad low, but I don't have any pre-load in the coils on any corner, but starts to give you an idea of the final stance. The front only gets about 50-100 lb pre-load so the front is pretty close to final.
Name:  IMG_2685.jpg
Views: 1186
Size:  58.3 KB

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote