View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 02:35 PM   #1
WI_Jeff

Air Conditioning Help

First of all, I hope I posted in the right area. Second, I got rid of my 1967 Chev School bus (converted to a camper). I didn't want to do it, but, my knees were too bad to use the clutch anymore. I upgraded to a 1987 Winnebago with the P30 Chevrolet chassis and the 454 engine.

Enough gabbing, here is my problem. I noticed that the air conditioning compressor was real "black" all around the clutch. Found a replacement compressor. When taking the old compressor off, there was some pressure in the lines. I replaced the compressor, cleaned the condenser in front of the radiator and put in new O-rings everyplace I took apart. Because this was the old R12 system, I also put the new R134a fittings on the compressor. Now here it sets. I have the oil and the R134a to fill it, but, do I need to do anything else before I add this to the system? As I said, everything is back in but the new compressor has not been plugged in as of yet. Any help would be great as I don't know much about air conditioning. Thanks again... Jeff

Last edited by WI_Jeff; 08-07-2017 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Forgot item
WI_Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote