View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 06:35 PM   #181
Scott2

Re: Scott's '51 Build

A little catch-up - late in June I picked up the rear housing from the machine shop, dropped it at the powder coat shop and left to vacation/camp a few weeks. Had a blast in western Montana, I could stay there until winter shows up! Idaho was great as well. Finally got back home, cleaned and reassembled everything and the fit is great! I have a good inch clearance now inside each fender lip.

I barely finished the rear end and then took a break for total knee replacement (left) surgery. Damn thing was just worn out and always giving me issues. It's been 2-1/2 weeks now and I'm walking circles around the cul-de-sac, enduring the torturors at PT, and can't wait to get back to projects and real activities.

One of my next steps is assembling everything under the dash before inside-cab paint. I have the wiper motor in now and need to assemble the a/c and do a mock install. I decided I also should fit the radio in so I ordered a RetroSound Long Beach radio and a couple of USB ports. Now I just need to get healed up enough that the wife will let me back in the garage.

Scott
Attached Images