View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 07:42 AM   #806
rgunlock

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
Everything looks great!! Too bad the map pockets aren't the same color as the armrest, that would look way better. I could never get map pockets to match in my truck, so I just don't have any.
I think that you are right TKCR. It would be easiest to dye the armrest but I like its color better than the pockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlee View Post
That's a beautiful truck!
Thanks Greenlee! Once I get the cluster worked out, its off to get it inspected and plates and start road testing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boynton View Post
I agree with matching the map pockets to the armrest. The best way to test the circuit board is to use a test light. You can visually follow the circuit as you go. Just locate the ground and the other side will obviously be the hot. You should be able to look at the plug that goes into the circuit board and find the black wire that is your ground and start there. I'm sure it is something basic-loose ground bad fuse etc. you can easily see a bad circuit board as they generally melt and turn black where they are bad. You are almost there! It looks great.
I did find one spot where the circuit sheet wraps over the edge of the cluster housing to pick up a bulb that is delaminated and looks suspect. I'll get it figured out.

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote