View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 02:45 PM   #114
gigamanx

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCA1971 View Post
I'm going to go a little bit different route. Instead of a 117.9" WB S10, I'm using a 108.3" WB S10 and bobbing the rear bed. Moving the rear axle CL fwd 5 to 8 inch's. Unless it's been tried and there's a reason for not doing it! I think shorting the rear bed will look cool and I've got a V8 converted SWB S10 already!!! LS 5.3 for the power plant with a TH350(for now, it's what I have in the S10), 8.8 rear end and bagged! I'm bring the S10 home this weekend from a buddies house and I'll start getting it ready. I'll start posting picks as soon as I can! Can't wait! Chris
Its personal preference, that's what is cool about these builds. You can do it how you want. Personally, I think the rear bed is a nice proportion to the front end of the AD truck. I have seen people extend the frame out to make up the difference on the 108.3" wheelbase, but it gets extended under the cab support area not the rear of the frame.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote