View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 09:32 PM   #218
georgieb51

Re: SWB 4x4 was totaled. Now what? Can I get it back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Sheesh, take a breather! If I were George I'd have a bad taste in my mouth about adjusters no doubt about it. Let's not get his thread locked. I'd like to be able to see if he finally gets this worked out. I can tell you right now BrianG, there are 8 other pissed off people just from George's wreck because I guarantee they're getting the same BS run around from the same company. Yes, the bad ones make all the rest look bad. It's no different than in any other industry.

You brought up the Circuit Rider and how the tornado hit the building it was stored in and the insurance company took care if it. Yep, they did. They were also a classic car insurance company. Besides all that, that's what insurance companies are supposed to do, right? I used to work in body shops and we always had more hassles and mad customers at adjusters than at their agents. It seems the adjusters are the ones trying to save the money and maybe that's just how the ones with the bad raps get trained? The hassle and struggle is real though.

This entire situation is pretty over the top and that's why it is being talked about in such a long thread. How would you feel if you were in George's shoes? The truck was wrecked in May.......
THank you Ryan. Just today I got the following email from Mr. Clark. Does this sound reasonable? Should $1500 be deducted from the payout for the value of the salvage? I am not an expert here. Perhaps I am worn out and this is the best I can expect. Perhaps someone with actual knowledge can explain why I should be paying for salvage? I have already saved them more than $1,000 in storage fees.

"We are prepared to tender the following settlement to conclude your claim based on the current information/documentation made available at this time.

Our settlement offer is as follows:

$5,703.10 Suggested ACV
$ 888.10 Recovery/Storage (this is what I already paid the Barney's towing to get my truck out of storage)
$6,591.20
($1,500.00) Salvage
$5,091.20 Suggested Settlement"
1967 Chevy K10 Short Stepside, unrestored original.
1969 GMC CST (Longhorn) 396, buckets, unrestored.
1995 GMC K2500, 65,000 miles, 454.
georgieb51 is offline   Reply With Quote