View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 09:04 PM   #10
TheHammerC10

Re: Need some help boys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer_gregh View Post
I would first change the fuel filter that's next to your carb, and then look under the truck to see if someone has put a second filter in line some where that may be clogged. Next I would check the float level on the carb, looks like an Edelbrock. If it is an Edelbrock its fairly easy to build. Is the fuel pump an electric pump or the stock mechanical? The fuel pump could be struggling with the tank re-located to the rear of the truck.
Iv'e replaced the filter w/ no resolve. I believe the pump is mechanical..? it looks factory. I'll post a pic.

DMJLAMBERT: Started her up today w/ no issues. Got confidant and moved my Silverado to take the C10 for a spin. As I returned it was dipping in RPMs, my perennial problem. Popped the gas cap off. Made no difference. Popped the hood to see the fuel filter semi struggling to pump fuel. My Dad said that might not be a big deal as our tractors look like they're barely pumping fuel all the time.

LocDoc: It's a 350, not sure about the trans. My mechanic said it had a shift kit when i asked about its abrupt shift to 2nd gear. Not sure about modulator but ill be looking into it tomorrow.

OBS454: I wouldn't be surprised about the chinese parts. Seems like the previous owner blew his wad on body work and paint, went cheap on the mechanical side.

I want to give all you guys a big thank you. y'all are badass for giving me this advice. I'm super grateful.

-Donny
TheHammerC10 is offline   Reply With Quote