Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 11:46 AM   #166
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Well worked on the ole truck this past weekend......We changed the torque converter and while it made it a little better it still will not run like it should.....So we are going to change the governor in the tranny and if that doesn't work we are going to pull it out and go through it...Randy seem to think that the one of the valves in valve body may be sticking.

I'm not sure if the carb is large enough to supply the needed fuel since it is a stock carb......we will get it figured out...just gonna take a little bit to get it all figured out...but I guess that's part of the fun of working on stuff like this......

So while I couldn't really get out and stroke the roads I decided to break out the surprise and work on it...and while I know it will not be original it is easily changeable by 6 bolts....

I saw this in another build thread and thought it looked really cool, really different but looks like it could have came from the factory that way.......

Yes sports fans I am changing the grille...I found a C60 grill from Pauls Truck Parts and got it from Mr.Paul......The grille is in great shape......So I changed out the headlamp buckets....had to drill the rivets out of the C60 grill, and drill the rivets out of the Chevrolet.

I am going to have some tabs welded in so that I can mount the Chevrolet in the middle of the grill.....But I got it centered and marked where it need to go, where the tabs need to be placed and will take that to get done after I get it running right. Then I will take it and get it chromed once she goes to the beauty shop........I think it will look really good...I used a small C clamp to hold it in place to see how it was gonna look...but she bolted right up no problems...I blast the headlight buckets and paint tehm flat black once I take it to the chrome shop.......I'm thinking I will buy new hardware/adjusted etc....when I do it...the spring looks a little rusted and weak but will check all that out later.
Attached Images

Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote