View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 10:29 PM   #187
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Also got all the trans cooling lines done. Here's the mouse trap of hardlines. I went from the trans to the fluid cooler and then to an air cooler for additional cooling since I've got a high slip converter.
Name:  IMG_2725.jpg
Views: 1047
Size:  104.0 KB

I'm relocating the air cooler from in front of the radiator on the passenger side to behind the radiator support on the driver side. I had to move it due to the addition of the A/C. I'm planning to cut some holes in the radiator support to get some airflow in there, although since I've missed my target this may get "re-thought". This photo is missing one of the lines but it run right next to the one shown here. My current cooler just has tube fittings on it hence the tube fitting on the end here. But I do want to replace that air cooler (a tube/fin style) with a plate cooler eventually.
Name:  IMG_2726.jpg
Views: 1048
Size:  107.8 KB

Another shot of the mouse trap of hard lines.
Name:  IMG_2733.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  80.1 KB

So in this pic you can see I've got some radiator hoses also installed. I gave up on finding some OEM rubber hoses after spending a couple hours in a few different auto parts stores. Ugh. Under that hose you can barely see a blue block which is a trans temp manifold plumbed in the trans out line.
Name:  IMG_2734.jpg
Views: 1047
Size:  57.6 KB

Here's a shot showing the flex lines in the setup. I wound up just using extra -6 line and so I just needed a -5 to -6 converter as I put -5 tube nut/sleeves on the hard line with 37 deg flares.
Name:  IMG_2735.jpg
Views: 1035
Size:  64.4 KB

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote