View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 10:47 PM   #188
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Got the Vintage air unit installed and all the lines installed. I did deviate from the install in a couple ways. The default install has you slide the heater hose through the firewall and then seal up with RTV, whereas the A/C lines get grommets. So I found some grommets that fit the heater lines perfectly and installed those ... after the hard lines were in, which was a large PIA but the look is so much better. I may eventually give hart_rod a call b/c I really like the manifold he made for his setup, but for now, it's done. I used the Vintage air lines but missed one detail, the vintage air lines assume the compressor fittings are on the top of the compressor while the billet specialties puts the fittings on the bottom. The lines still fit, but the routing is set by the suction line being upside down and since it has a bent fitting on each end, well, you guys know.
Name:  IMG_2746.jpg
Views: 1102
Size:  66.6 KB

Got some Dynaliner installed on top of the Dynamat.
Name:  IMG_2754.jpg
Views: 1035
Size:  68.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2755.jpg
Views: 1039
Size:  37.3 KB

Also fab'd up a bracket for the shifter and ECU. I went round and round on where to put the ECU, so I decided to since i wanted to raise the shifter I'd put the ECU under the shifter. So far so good. I plan to paint the bracket, but not until I get the side of the console made in case I need to weld some tabs on.
Name:  IMG_2756.jpg
Views: 1047
Size:  71.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2757.jpg
Views: 1041
Size:  46.0 KB

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote