View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 08:01 PM   #40
bollybib

Re: Jim's 1976 Ford Granada

I haven't posted here in a long, long time. However, this afternoon I was doing absolutely nothing and I thought I'd post these pics (the date was set incorrectly on my camera for the first two pics).

A while back I was perusing 1976 Ford Granada sales literature and saw that styled steel wheels were an option that year. I thought they looked pretty cool so I started looking for parts.

I found two wheels on eBay that came from a salvage yard in Minnesota. Two other wheels I found locally. The trim rings came from a Cougar restoration business (they were used on early 70s Cougars apparently). Two center caps are used from eBay and the other two are NOS from Green Sales. Nothing is perfect so they all fit in nicely with the car as-is.

I derusted the wheels in Evaporust and did all the masking and painting myself. The only aftermarket parts are the lugnuts, everything else is OG Ford.

Name:  101_5611.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  54.4 KB

Name:  101_5615.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  47.7 KB

It doesn't look so much like mom's car now

Here is a wheel getting derusted:

Name:  101_5528.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  42.8 KB

I also found a set of NOS rocker panel moldings that I haven't put on yet. I'll get around to it sooner or later I suppose.

My Daily Driver is a 1969 Chevrolet Custom/20 Fleetside 350/TH400/Eaton H052 4.10
and its Project thread is here http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=456911
bollybib is offline   Reply With Quote