View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 01:56 PM   #629
BlueJeep

Re: My version of the s10 swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
I used accuair on my last build. This one I'm just going with aire jax which used to be called little larry's valves. the four play is almost $300. thats all you need to run each bag independently. obviously you need tank and compressors and gauges. its a great looking unit, small and reliable. Going with electric valves is way more expensive and more wiring and riff raff to deal with. The one and only downfall which isn't a big deal is... routing all your airlines directly to this unit, which 90% of time will be around the dash area.
So I assume the reason you'd want 4 valves and not 2 is in the event that your weights are significantly different left to right. Are there other reasons to have 4 vs. 2? I just googled AccuAir and yeah at that price point I'd opt out of air ride. I obviously have more researching and educating myself to do here.

Lower, that could be an option but it wouldn't fix my axle wrap, and I didn't design my shock mounts to support a load...I think I'd want them to be in double shear if that was the case.

I've also on and off considered CalTracs bars, but as low as my truck is I'm very concerned they would hit on everything (and doesn't address my hauling ability).

86 Suburban
88 Jeep 6.0 swap
49 Chevy truck
54 Chevy wagon

86 Suburban lowered 4/6
54 Chevy wagon
49 Chevy/s10 mix
88 Jeep Wrangler rockcrawler
BlueJeep is offline   Reply With Quote