View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 03:44 PM   #125
gigamanx

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
to do trans its best to be at your ride height. Take an angle finder and put it ontop of your intake, come down to about 3* see where that puts you. Take the angle finder and put it on your tailshaft if say that's 5* down then point your rear end up about 5*. that a good rule of thumb and starting point. Some guys do it diff or have diff numbers. Leaf springs set up vs coil over etc etc is going to have a diff magic number. But at any rate, you want some engine degree down and that will dictate you trans. Your rear end is dictated by your trans angle. Ideally you want the trans and rear end to add to zero. I'd just make a frame mounted trans xmember.
ok, I did some research and now understand what you're saying haha. Since the rear end hasn't been touched in the S10, I'll take the angle from that and translate it to the transmission. I also need to look into a driveshaft but haven't measured yet. Since I'm running the shorter Corvette transmission, I can't just google that one haha.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote