View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 04:20 PM   #272
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

The other day, I wired up the spare fan from the XJ, through the ignition switch and a relay. The mount is ugly, but it is only temporary and gets the job done.

Yesterday, I swapped out the 1999 fuel injectors for the 1994 injectors. The 1994s needed cleaning up a bit. Two had filter screens that were clogged with rust, and when I installed them, the truck had a nasty miss, probably related to those same two injectors.

Today, after letting the truck sit overnight, the miss was gone. I'm guessing the injectors had been frozen up, but fuel in the system freed them. On start up, the engine runs smoothly and pulls about 19" of vacuum.after 10-15 seconds of running, the truck wants to die unless I take over with the throttle, then the idle lopes and varies about 200 rpm. Vacuum fluctuates between 16" and 14" at the same time, moving with engine rpm.

The MAP sensor is at 1.6v when the vacuum is at 19", but goes up as the idle and vacuum fluctuates. Disconnecting the O2 sensor causes the exhaust to be rich and kills throttle response. With everything hooked up, the engine responds beautifully to throttle input and revs as it should. I think at this point, I need to adjust the fuel trim externally to get it to idle on it's own. Other than that, it runs good.

-Joe
Attached Images